All you need to know about nail polish
Nail polish is that one thing that will never go out of fashion. Every girl starts with nail polish, to fall in love with fine manicured nails.
The first nail polish was used probably in the Bronze Age about 5,000 years ago in India where nails were decorated with henna. And believe it or not this trend was aimed at men. Soon nail painting has become a trend and spread all the way to Babylon where nails were painted in black. Red nails first appeared in Bronze Age China , and their path to eternal glory was paved by Cleopatra and Nefertiti who wore various red shades.
Polishes we know today were created thanks to Michel Monard, French makeup artist who got the idea that shiny car paint could be used for painting nails. Finally, in 1917 the first nail polish appeared, with a similar formula like the modern polishes.
Commercial sale and application of nail polish is actually started in 1932, when Revlon perfected the technology that allowed women to paint their nails and that lasted them more than a day.
Today we can choose from matte to glossy color, with glitter, texture and color changing effects.
Once opened the bottle of nail polish has its own expiration date. Dont use polishes that have been opened over one year. After 12 months the paint formula changes its consistency and becomes completely unusable.
The flow of the polish can not be determined before use. and ending up with a bad manicure isnt an option. So when buying nail polishes turn to known manufacturers and brands that you know are good quality and do not contain ingredients that may be bad for your nails and body.
Basic things to keep in mind when buying nail polish
– Chemical composition
– Polish Brush
Use recommended polishes signed by known beauty brands who guarantee a good result. High price does not always mean that you are buying a quality product.
Read the chemical composition of the polish bottles you buy. Low quality polishes may contain toxic components such as formaldehyde, phthalate (solvent color), acetone, and toluene (they hold the ink in liquid form, but quickly vaporize and fill the air toxins, thus affecting your respiratory tract), and benzophenones (which are known carcinogens and have an effect similar to estrogen).
Pay special attention to the nail polish brush. It should not touch the bottom of the vial, but it can not be too short. You should choose a medium length brush hairs the same length. It would be best if the brush does not reach over the half of the bottle.
How to choose the best nail polish?
To find thaht perfect texture, you should conduct these few little experiments:
– Observe how quickly polish is dripping from the brush. If it has a fast flow, it’s not good because if it is too rare, you will not be able to evenly apply polish.
– Drip a bit of polish on a paperand wait for a few moments. check the stain with your finger. and messure the setting timeof the polish- for good quality polishes, it should not take longer than 3 to 5 minutes to set.
– Also, pay attention to the bottle shape. Do not opt for nail polish bottles in bizarre shapes – paint pigments that are able to get into corners and will easily start to lose its color. It would be good to buy bottles with small metal balls inside, which will help to blend polish easier and will prevent it from thickening.
– Nail polish color, usually do not contain any ingredients for nail care. So, if your nails are weak, prone to cracking and require extra care, use a special base coats that contain different components for nail care. If your nails are good, do not forget that strong nails need vitamins too.
– If pearly shades are your thing, make sure to read the ingredients on the polish . Many manufacturers use natural nacre of calcium instead of synthetic polyester. However, if your nails are healthy, extra calcium can lead to nail plate layering.
Nail polish should be stored in the refrigerator, because the polish exposed to heat and light will loses its quality, which can cause thickening or formation of air bubbles that impede the application of the polish.
Watch “Zlochesti Nokti“- Pro Nail Polish Application, a video tutorial for applying nail polish properly.
For more nail art videos and tutorials , subscribe to the official YouTube channel-